Spišská Kapitula is an exceptionally well-preserved ecclesiastical town on the outskirts of Spišské Podhradie, Slovakia, and overlooking Spiš Castle. (Kapitula means Canon,
Cathedral or religious complex containing monastery in English.)
Spišská Kapitula is a separate municipality in Eastern Slovakia in the Hornádskej basin, a former independen from 1948, part of the Spiš ‘s settlement.
It is part of the UNESCO World Heritage site Levoča, Spiš Castle and the associated cultural monuments.
The town consists of St. Martin’s Cathedra, a former monastery, and a single street, all of mediaeval construction and enclosed by walls.
St. Martin’s Cathedral was built in the years 1245-1273 in the Romanesque and Gothic styles.